The objectives and purpose of the Lay Organization are:
- To create a love and appreciation of the History and Principles of African Methodism.
- Keep the memory of Richard Allen alive.
- Respect Constituted Authority.
- Stimulate and Educate the Laity in the Total Program of the Church.
- Study the Discipline and learn the laws of the Church.
- Encourage Financial Support of the Church’s Program.
- Teach and Practice Stewardship and work with the Youth to teach them Methodism.
- These objectives can best be met when one works to understand the program of the church and relate the church to the World around us.
Become involved in Social Action such that the church is then our Community – our Job – Our School, and everywhere that many assembles he carries the church with him.
Moving beyond the walls forces us to become global in our thinking, in our mission, in our ministry, and in our witness. We are a church of many believers with diverse needs; we are…
“Building on Our Global Legacy of Christ-Centered Leadership and Training”